WedLuxe Media is looking for an experienced, senior level project manager with proven success managing a team through sizeable multi-faceted projects from concept to completion.
Our organization targets luxury wedding consumers and the wedding and events industry at large through printed magazines, events, website/s, digital publications, and active social media presence. Between our print, digital, online and social channels, we reach over 2 million annually.
This is a brand new position, created to manage our growing staff, organization and projects as we expand into new markets with new deliverables. We need a chief organizer that can provide daily leadership, management, support, and scheduling direction to our staff and suppliers, ensuring successful delivery of all current and future projects.
The successful candidate will manage, supervise, plan, develop and execute on all company projects and lead and supervise a team of 8-12 under the direction of the two company partners.
The candidate must have a deep understanding of, and experience with managing and guiding a team through multiple ongoing projects while understanding all facets of an organization.
Areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to: scheduling and overseeing all facets of the organization including production and distribution of printed magazines, website/s, campaigns, special projects, marketing, social media and human resource issues (staff vacation requests and planning, sick days, etc) under the WedLuxe umbrella.
Solid communication, writing, and management skills are essential so that you may lead both internal and partner meetings. You must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. The successful candidate will be energetic, inspirational and highly motivated; we want a self-starter that can get the job done!
- Develop project plans and internal systems that effectively align scope, time, cost, quality, resources, risk, communication in a manner that enables highly coordinated execution
- Continuous evaluation and implementation of internal organizational processes, software and strategies to maximize staff communication and company resources
- Build and maintain strong relationships with staff, partners, suppliers, clients
- Plan and manage project deliverables and resources, to deliver on time
- Define, scope and document all required work for all staff and coordinate with staff and partners on all assigned projects
- Lead team to ensure project plans are on time
- Track, monitor and report weekly status on each project plan assigned
- Resolve and escalate issues on a timely basis
- Proactively escalate project issues and risks that require program management or executive attention
- Provide regular project status updates to partners
- Create and manage constructive relationships with team members
- Create scope-of-work documents and estimates with team and coordinate internal and external approvals
- Establish and manage timelines ensuring projects are well organized and staff are meeting all expectations and deliverables
- Natural leader – ability to inspire others to achieve their best
- Proactive personality with ability to create new systems that will enhance or improve current systems
- Clear, confident and concise communicator
- Detail-oriented, organized; can organize others!
- Ability to take big, often abstract ideas and create clear, concise plans on what is required to take those ideas from concept to completion
- Excellent writer
- Team player
- Information seeker; curious about all facets of an organization with innate sense to learn and achieve new things
- List-maker and caretaker by nature
- Problem solver who proactively finds solutions to issues of all kinds (HR, project-based, etc).
This is a full time management position, offering a competitive salary depending on experience, educational background and skill set.
Send résumé and cover letter (detailing why you think you are the perfect fit for this role, along with salary expectations) to the attention of Bruce Patterson, Co-founder c/o jobs(at)wedluxe.com
Please include a minimum of two letters of recommendation.
We are not looking for wedding or event planners. We are searching for an individual with a corporate or agency background and proven experience, preferably in a multi-media, publishing or tech driven environment.
DEADLINE TO APPLY is March 30, 2015. (Applicants who show proactive nature and apply well in advance of the deadline will be noted!)