Instagram has been fuelling our wanderlust this week, as our feed has been filled with photos of sandy beaches and palm trees! From Turks & Caicos to Hawaii, we’ve gathered some stunning snaps that will have you plotting an escape from winter (or perhaps a dreamy destination wedding!) We’ve also included some images of Dolce & Gabbana’s gorgeous one-off collection for Net-A-Porter that launches today. The collection was inspired by Mediterranean summers on the sun-kissed island of Sicily and features some of the brand’s most iconic (and total instagram-worthy!) silhouettes.
We were completely enchanted by Monique Lhuillier's Fall 2015 Bridal collection that featured pretty, pastel-hued dresses. The standout for us? A beautiful purple-hued confection named the "Moonlit" gown. The dreamy dress set us on a pinning-spree of all things lilac and lavender!
Normally reserved for Spring months, this pastel shade was featured in many Fall/Winter 2014-15 collections from designers like Paolo Sebastian and Ralph & Russo. Whether it inspires you to carry a sprig of lavender in your bouquet or to honeymoon in Provence, we hope you fall in love with the hue as much as we have.
1. Monique Lhuillier Bridal Fall 2015 "Moonlit" Gown via Monique Lhuillier
2. Lavender Bouquet via Jose Villa
3. Lavender Cake via Jose Villa
4. Lavender & Blueberry Ice Cream via Flickr
5. Lilac & Pink Bouquet via WedLuxe
6. Blue & Purple Arrangement via Ariella New York
7. Pink & Purple Manicure via Random Acts of Pastel
8. Lavender Door via Flickr
9. Ziad Nakad Haute Couture FW2014-15 via Ziad Nakad
10. Jean Patchett photographed by Norman Parkinson, 1950 via PleasurePhoto
11. Elie Saab Couture Fall 2013 via StyleBistro
12. Bouquet via Elizabeth Messina
13. Purple Delphiniums via Flickr
14. Floral Boutonniere via WedLuxe
15. London Fog Macarons via JennaRaeCakes Instagram
16. Gisele Posing via Instagram
17. Bouquet via WedLuxe
18. Lavender Fields via Flickr
19. Ralph & Russo FW2014-15 Couture via Vogue.co.uk
20. Purple Delphiniums via Colin Cowie
21. Keira Knightly Vogue October 2012 via Vogue.com
22. Paolo Sebastian FW2014-15 via Paolo Sebastian
23. Lavender Boutonnieres via Elizabeth Messina
This blush pink and ivory wedding form Amsis Photography is filled with personal touches and oh-so-pretty details. High school sweethearts Natalie and Matthew said “I Do” last summer at Toronto’s Palais Royal. The wedding was designed to reflect Natalie’s passion for art and Matthew’s love of music. Creations By Gitta orchestrated the floral and decor for the event, including the bride’s gorgeous bouquet that was adorned with a crystal initial brooch. We think you’ll be in total awe of the couple’s cake from Fine Cakes by Zehra that featured Baroque-inspired, hand-painted details and exquisite sugar flowers—it’s a steal-worthy work of art!
Photography • Amsis Photography, Venue • Palais Royale, Floral and Decor • Creations By Gitta, Stationery • Stephita, Gown • Angelina Faccenda from Jolie Bridal, Shoes • Emmy London from Kleinfeld Hudson’s Bay, Jewellery • Haute Bride, Makeup • Karin Kaya, Bridesmaid Dresses • BCBG, Formal Wear • Freeman Formalwear, Cake and Desserts • Fine Cakes By Zehra, Entertainment • DJ Emporium (DJ, MC, Violinist, Bango Player) Jay Sese (Caricature Artist), Funpix (Photo Booth), Transportation • L.A. Limousines